Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Microfilm Number
Series Number

Baltimore Clipper Collection

MSA SC 3252
MediumMicrofilm, electronic
StorageMicrofilm only
Film Number(s)SCM 8518 - SCM 8521
Newspaper, Baltimore Clipper
(Baltimore: J. H. Hewitt & Co.)

The Baltimore Clipper began publication September 7, 1839 [v. 1, no. 1] and ceased November 9, 1844 [v. 11, no. 112]. It was published daily, except Sunday. It was also published as the Baltimore Clipper and General Advertiser, January-November 4, 1844. Other editions include the Ocean (Baltimore: 1840) and Bull & Tuttle's New Monthly Baltimore Clipper and General Advertiser (Baltimore: 1843). The newspaper was continued by the American Republican and Baltimore Daily Clipper (Baltimore: 1844)

Collection Inventory
Series 1: Electronic Series
Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website

[ Archives' Home Page ||  All About Maryland ||  Maryland Manual On-Line ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   

© Copyright March 18, 2018 Maryland State Archives